The Edible Knowledge® Workbook Series
These are the places to start. An Overview is for ages 10 to adult, and For Kids! is for ages 6-10. Check them out, they’re unusual, useful science courses you and your kids will love!
(Know what you want? Go to the Store)
This first workbook introduces explains what food science is, defines food processing, and then dives into the food science itself, with chapters on water, carbohydrates, protein, and fat. Intended for ages 10 and up through high school, with the best age group being junior high going into high school.
- Full color, with many illustrations and pictures throughout.
- Multiple activities, including 9 kitchen-based experiments.
- In-depth assignments, journaling ideas, and course review material included.
- Covers all the main components of what make up food.
Food science is the science of cooking. You’ll understand things you’ve seen everyday in the kitchen, with ah hah! moments at every turn!
While the other books in the Edible Knowledge series are designed for ages 10 and up, Introduction to Food Science For Kids! is written for children as young as 6.
- 15 kitchen based experiments give a taste of food science principles.
- The Edible Knowledge section at the end of each experiment explain what you just saw.
- Activities such as Soft and Fresh to Stale and Old: Bread, Plus Egg Men Attack!, Fun with Cows and Whipping Cream!, Gluey, Gooey Gluten…in our Food?, Cream That’s Icey and Smooth…And Lumpy?!, and many more make science learning thrilling!
While working alongside your young scientists, you’ll be enjoying ah ha! moments at every turn as you learn what’s going on with food you’ve seen all your life! Food science is Knowledge thats truly Edible!
70 in stock (can be backordered)
Consider bundles to save money! Take a look here.
Free Refrigerator Magnet Cheat Sheet ($4.95 value!) on orders over $35, and a free signed copy of Get the HECK Out of Our Way! ($17.99 value!) on orders over $125.