Edible Knowledge® courses teach food science, physics, and engineering. Designed by a Professional Food Scientist, the food science courses include kitchen-based experiments to reinforce new concepts from each section. The physics and engineering course uses custom developed LEGO® brick models to strengthen students' understanding.
Food Science is the Science of Cooking. You see it every day, in the kitchen, at a restaurant, and in your gallon of milk! It answers questions like:
- Why do egg whites turn white?
- Why do cut apples turn brown? Can I do something about it? (Yes!)
- Beef is tough when fried in a pan, but super tender after 2-3 hours in an oven. What's going on there?
- How do bread and cakes rise? (It’s an entirely different process for both!)
- Why can pepperoni sit out of the fridge and not spoil?
- Why does broccoli change color and turn to mush so quickly when you’re cooking it?
We have self-paced online courses, digital downloads, e-books, and print courses with prices to fit every budget.
Want help finding what fits your needs? A few clicks through the below link will help you find your course. If you'd like a little more information direct from Food Scientist Dale Cox, below is a short 3-minute video.